Annual Membership & Board Meeting -- March 20, 2005
The membership of the Human Potential Center held its Annual membership meeting at 2007 Bert Avenue, Austin, Texas, 78704, starting at 1 pm and began with a reading of the mission statement. The following members (constituting a quorum) were present at the meeting: Pam Latham (Oceanna), Pam Chambers, Owen McAleer, Kathy Lee, Lia Nelson, and Bob McGarey.
Oceanna opened the meeting with all reading the mission statement. Then one by one everyone stated what they were grateful for:
The business of the annual membership meeting is to elect a Board of Directors, and since no board members positions were being vacated and no new board members were being elected, the annual meeting was adjourned and the regular board of directors meeting immediately followed.
Minutes of the previous meeting (February 20, 2005) were read and approved as written.
Oceanna called for the election of officers and the Board elected officers as follows:
President -- Oceanna (Pam Latham)
Vice President - Pam Chambers
Secretary - Owen McAleer
Treasurer - Kathy Lee
The Finance committee previously authorized Oceanna to create a Fund Raising committee, to which Oceanna appointed everyone as a member and scheduled a meeting for after the next board meeting (Sunday, April 17, 2005)
The Art Show went well thanks to many volunteers. Practitioner one was a success and moved the Center up 5 points on the cool scale.
Bob announced that:
1. Sewer work is almost complete and cost $2400. We could have spent less if we had had more volunteers. Thanks particularly to David Poole and Stevo Scott for their help, which saved the center money.
2. The infected tree has been cut down in the patio area.
3. Dennis Wall will submit a proposal to remodel the patio.
4. Financials were distributed and reviewed.
5. We need to cut expenses or increase income, currently we are running at a deficit.
Since there was no further business, the meeting adjourned at 3 pm.
Minutes submitted by Owen McAleer, Secretary, April 17, 2005.